Monday, June 23, 2008

What a weekend...

On Saturday we took 23 of the kids from Adams youth group to my parents cottage on the lake. They had a great time even though it started raining at about 1:30. At that point they all headed up to the cottage to play card games and to see if the storm would pass by. It didnt so we loaded them up into the 3 vans to head home about 3 an hour earlier then we were planning. I was leading the caravan home, About a half hour into the trip home, I was stoped at a stop light, the second guy in the caravan came up behind me and couldnt stop so he swerved to the right and missed me. Then Adam was the third guy in the caravan he was driving some Ghetto Cruiser van with no power steering he came up saw that the 2nd guy wasnt stoping and had swerved to the right so he started to swerve to the left. Got about half way over and the the van straitend back out, he ended up clipping the back left corner of my van. So I make sure that the 8 kids I was hauling were ok and pulled into a parking lot where the other two vans followed... not too big of a deal except being 8 months pregnant kind of shook me up a bit. The van I was driving the back door was pretty banged up and the bumper was pushed up so the door couldnt open. Adams "ghetto Cruiser" you couldnt even tell it had been in an accident. We get back in the vans to head home after the police report was filled, which no one called the cops for..... we headed home. On the way home I started having some pretty intense contractions but nothing regular just bite my lip though them. I didnt really say anything to Adam when we got home because I knew he allready felt terrible about the accident and all that could have happened to the 19 kids between our two vans so I didnt want to make him feel any worse, He could tell something was going on though. I decided to just sleep on it that night or at least see if I coul sleep though the pains and avoid a trip to the ER. I slept fine. I woke up SOOO Crampy but thought I would just try to rest yesterday again to avoid a trip to L&D and wait until today to get checked at the DR. So first thing this morning I called the DR. as soon as she opened only to have her tell me to go to L&D to get monitored.

So today I spent 4.5 hours hooked up to the monitor in L&D. Everything was fine. Little mans heart rate stayed between 115-145 mostly around 120 which to me seems very low but the nurses assured me it was fine. I was having pretty regular contractions but nothing intense and they ended up not doing anything. I was dialated 1 when they checked me when I got there and 4 hours later I was dialated a good 1 whatever that means.. They did say that If labor started that they wouldnt do anything at this point to stop it. So I guess little Z can come anytime between Now and 8 weeks from now. God I hope I dont have to go the next 8 weeks feeling as crapy as I do now....

1 comment:

MamaSnapped said...

Girl!! You need your butt whooped for not getting checked out right off the bat!! I'm glad everyone is ok!!! Take care of yourself, little mama!!